The Dirty White Mother cocktail is a variation of the Dirty Mother drink with the cream added to it. Due to the richness and the creamy nature of the drink, it is much likely suited to be a dessert or an after dinner drink.
The drink can be served in various ways: It can be layered in a highball and served over ice just as a Black Russian. It can also be shaken and served in a martini glass up. Yet another option is to shake and serve in a highball over ice.
I prefer the drink served up in a chilled martini glass. This prevents the drink from getting diluted and creates a frothy creamy texture rather than the raw cream on top. Either works depending on your preference.
- 2 shots of Brandy
- 1 shot of Coffee Liqueur
- 1 shot of cream
- Add ice cubes into a martini shaker
- Add 2 shots of Brandy into the shaker
- Add 1 shot of the Kahlua Coffee liqueur
- Add 1 shot of cream into the shaker
- Shake well to mix the ingredients
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
Variations and Similar Drinks
Dirty Mother: Similar drink with out the cream. The drink is served in old-fashioned glass over ice.
White Russian: The Brandy is substituted with Vodka, and is always served on rocks.
Black Russian: This is more a variation of the Dirty Mother. Substitute Brandy with Vodka and leave out the cream.
- If you prefer the drink on the ice, then strain the contents over ice in a highball glass.
- Instead of the cream, you could use half-and-half as well.
- Some recipes use a larger proportion of the cream. You can modify the proportion of the cream to suit your taste.
- When served up in a martini glass, you should get a layer of creamy froth on top. Shake the ingredients a little longer to create a creamy froth.
- The recipe calls for Kahlua as the coffee liqueur, but you could use another coffee liqueur such as Tia Maria as well.